Andre Bossert from Switzerland to play in the Sun City Pro-Am; 13-14 November 2020
On behalf of the Sunshine Senior Tour we are pleased to announce the staging of the second Sun International Pro-Am to be held at the Sun City Resort from 13-14 November 2020. Included in the starting line up will be Andre Bossert who will be travelling from Switzerland to play. Andre played on the Sunshine Tour for many years and still competes regularly on the Legends Tour in Europe where he has been a top 20 player for many years.
The tournament will be played in a Pro-Am competition format (4 ball alliance, two scores to count), where teams of 3 amateurs will partner with a top senior professional competing for great prizes over the two days. The professionals will also play a stroke- play tournament concurrently with the teams’ event for a disclosed prize fund.
There will be 75 amateur players comprising of men and ladies playing alongside 25 professional players, who are all in the 50+ age bracket but still very much competitive. The amateurs will play off their recognised and accredited handicaps off their chosen tee markers in accordance with Golf RSA handicapping rules.
Which other professionals have entered?
Past greats like:
- James Kingston, past SA Open Champion, current SA Senior Open holder and 2019 order of merit winner and with career earnings of over R10m. Currently he also plays on the European Legends Tour.
- Chris Williams, PGA Champion, and former SA Senior Open champion with multiple wins in Europe and locally.
- Doug McGuigan, who has just turned 50 and who still plays on the local Sunshine PGA Tour, with multiple wins and career winnings of nearly R10m, will be teeing up in his second ‘senior’ event after winning on debut recently.
- Des Terblanche, who has overcome recent health issues, is a prestigious winner on the Asian and Sunshine Tour circuits, with nearly R4m in career earnings.
- Andre Cruse is another past winner of multiple Sunshine Tour events and past SA Senior Masters champion.
- Nic Henning is part of the ‘Henning clan’ of past golf champions. People may remember his father, Graham and Nic’s uncle’s Harold and Allan who were both SA Open champions. Nic represented South Africa in the World Cup and will contest the finish of this event.
- Bobby Lincoln will also be in the field and his career record is well known, especially the Randpark event where he beat Ernie Els into 2nd place. He holds the Senior Tour scoring record of 60 with another fine player participating, namely, Neil Cheetham, the current UK PGA Club professional champion.
- Chris Davison, the past SA Masters champion on the Sunshine Tour will also play alongside players like, Callie Swart a past SA Senior Open champion, Dave Usendorff, a past TV presenter with Dale Hayes, as well as Mike Quinn from Kingswood.
We are also pleased to announce that our nominated charity for this event will go to the caddies, who have been affected by the Covid-19 restrictions. Raffles will be arranged with a small auction to contribute to the charity.
Screening and registration of players and guests on arrival will be administered on site at the resort, where temperature testing and a non-symptoms declaration is required by all.
Further, sanitisation and social distancing will be in place and all participants will be made aware of the rules of play covering Covid-19.
A great two days of fun and good golfing is expected at the fantastic Sun City Resort.